Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Beware: KSNN Kids Sport News Network

If you see a post on cragslist or anywhere else don't reply, you will work the weekend for free.
The whole story:
http://www.ksnn.net
Micah the "owner", based out of Orange county or Los Angeles
I relpied to a craigslist needing videographer for a Kids Sports News Network, emails exchanges then Micah called me. Very nice repectfull, I tried to upsell her from the $175 she orginally offered, she replied with "If your not working this weekend do something for the kids, and earn a little money". I fell for it. Shot on 4 of my tapes, for 6 hours, drove my own car to 3 different locations.
At the end of the day, she signed a bunch of paper work, and told me to send in the invoice....I've done this before for other companies didn't think anything of it.
1,2,3 weeks go by I start sending emails and calling, never a repsonse then 4 weeks I get an email that her husband was very sick and the checks are getting cut next week, 2 weeks later, still nothing.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like I need to reopen my blog as well. I'm still waiting to be paid from July 2006!

    I've also been telling about my own personal experiences as advised by my attorney.

    Like you, I've called multiple times and have always been told "we're working on it", etc. I even offered to work out payment arrangements in lieu of taking them to court. And, I even asked for some of my footage to be used on my reel until they can pay me, and they won't even give that to me! And, also like you, I had a lot of out-of-pocket expenses from the shoot.

    Maybe we should all pool together and do a class-action lawsuit? There are a couple people who have commented elsewhere about experiencing the same thing we have.

    ReplyDelete